Most organizations now accept the critical importance of quality recruitment and selection techniques. The cost to an organization of not being able to select the right candidate is extremely high. This program focuses on the skills and techniques to successfully interview candidates and to significantly increase the probability of appointing the right person for the job.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Outline the process of recruitment and identify the role of alignment to strategy.
- Identify key selection criteria and develop a data base of appropriate behavioural questions designed to increase interviewing effectiveness.
- Describe the Legislation and regulations relevant to staff recruitment including application of the principles of merit selection and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Explain the procedure for screening applicants and specify the role of a Selection Committee.
- Describe the interview process, identify the role requirements of an interviewer, structure and conduct an interview.