Understanding the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour allows us to choose a more assertive response in dealing with important relationships at home and work. This program can make that difference.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Differentiate between aggressive, assertive, and non-assertive behaviour.
- Respond assertively (verbally and non-verbally) in role play situations.
- Identify barriers to people acting assertively.
- Identify the use of irrational and negative self-talk (beliefs) and replace it with encouraging, more rational, positive self-talk.
- Deliver “I” messages in the form of requests and complaints.
- Demonstrate appropriate assertiveness skills in delaing with a variety of behaviours in others.