Difficult situations are everywhere, not by design, but by a natural consequence of our busy, pressured, results-oriented lives. People spend up to one-third of their time dealing with conflict.
The skills developed in this program will greatly enhance your ability to identify and manage conflict effectively. It will assist you to understand causes, effects of conflict, and strategies to effectively deal with organizational, team-based and interpersonal conflict.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Identify the origins, causes and effects of conflict.
- Understand the impact of previous experiences on our belief system.
- Identify the effect our belief system has on behaviour.
- Identify personal conflict handling styles.
- Identify the effects different conflict handling styles have on conflict and other people.
- Develop effective behaviours in working towards a win-win approach.
- Develop strategies for working with both individual and group conflict situations.